Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Sr. Systems Engineer, Software Defined Storage (vSAN) – Southeast USA
Atlanta, GeorgiaApply Now Apply Now with Linkedin Profile Apply As An Employee Referral
Are you Pre-Sales Systems Engineer with storage and virtualization experience? Do you love vSAN? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you - please read on and apply to learn more:
VMware is currently looking to hire a Pre-Sales Senior Systems Engineer dedicated to the Storage and Availability Business Unit covering Southeast USA .
This Pre-sales Engineer will be very hands on and technical. Must have great communication skills, presentations skills, personal skills, and the ability to speak to crowds at all levels. Additional responsibilities will be in mentoring and enabling Field and Channel SE’s located in a variety of locations.
- Customer facing technical pre-sales support for direct and channel partner sales teams
- Proactively seek out new sales opportunities by developing new and existing technical relationships within accounts
- Proactively drive new and incremental business within assigned territory
- Present VMware's technical value proposition to customers and partners and technical deep dive on VMware’s Software Defined Storage (SDS) and Hyper-Converged Infrastructure (HCI) vision, vSAN Product, VxRail Appliances, and Cloud Foundation solutions.
- Ensure success of customer proof-of-concepts (POCs)
- Documentation of client feature requests and issues
- Support VMware and partner seminars and industry trade shows
- Drive the design of customer oriented solutions using VMware
- Develop technical knowledge of VMware and associated technologies
- Participate on a consistent basis in the SE discussion forum
- Assume the role of a mentor to other system engineers when appropriate
- Create and deliver training content for the core SE organization when appropriate
- Candidate must be a U.S. Citizen and/or eligible to work in the USA
- BA/BS or equivalent
- Minimum 5 years of technical sales or presales experience
- Strong presentation skills as well as the ability to build and present high quality product demonstrations to both technical and executive audiences
- Strong customer-facing and relationship building skills
- Ability to effectively work both independently and in a team setting
- Strong writing skills with the ability to create technical documentation
- Experience troubleshooting system level problems including server failure, OS tuning, networking problems, and storage problems
- Strong IT infrastructure technical skills including x86 Server platforms, Windows Server and Linux operating system expertise, SAN / NAS storage technologies and TCP/IP networking
- VCP and VCDX certification a plus
- **Travel will be up to 80%
We would love to see experience with VMware offerings including
- vSphere Install, Manage, Configure
- SRM – Site Recovery Manager
- vRealize Suite – vROps (vRealize Operations), vRA (vRealize Automation), vRO (vRealize Orchestrator)
- Horizon (7, Air, App Volumes)
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.