Push Us. Amaze Us. Inspire Us.
Careers in Engineering
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMware, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry.
Are you ready to join us?
Senior Fullstack Engineer (C#)Job ID R1905504 Date posted 04/17/2019
VMware End-User Computing Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by technical leadership, fearlessness, and intense focus on customer success. Our mission is to empower employees to easily access corporate applications, content, email, and more, from any of their devices, while ensuring enterprise grade management and security. We’re always looking to amplify our impact, and work smarter while continuously evolving how software is made. Our work directly impacts over 20 million people across 20,000 customers by delivering the world’s best Enterprise Mobility Management suite.
What you’ll do:
Ready to improve the way work is done across the world? The Senior .Net Full Stack Engineer role at VMware showcases your ability to work from the front of the stack all the way through the services tier to the back end showing abilities to move from a user centric focus crafting high quality user interfaces to middle, and back end work where you can add customer value on new features as well as support, and extend existing ones. The Senior .Net Full Stack Engineer will:
- Show effective, and constructive communication, collaboration, and delivery skills
- Work on a small team of highly capable engineers, and designers using Agile engineering practices, continuous integration, and continuous delivery models.
- Climb new technology learning curves while learning the Windows 10 modern device management domain.
- Break down coarse grained engineering problems, make just enough design, get agreement, and own the effort to delivery.
- Collaborate with other engineering leads, UX designers, and product managers to build on each other’s ideas to craft effective solutions
- Bring a strong sense of code ownership
What you’ll bring along:
- BSCS or equivalent.
- 6-12+ years of relevant experience building internet enabled (web, mobile, services) enterprise-class software systems and services.
- Thorough understanding of design patterns, and how to apply them to various problems
- 4+ years’ of impactful experience with REST services design and development required (C# asp.net web api, Express.js, Hapi.js, or Java Spring applies)
- Application, and services based security understanding (oauth2, CORS, SQL Injection, etc.)
- 6+ years of meaningful experience with C#
- A deep level of understanding of relational databases (performance, scale, security), and T-SQL
What would be useful to have:
- Windows Image Customization Exposure – PPKG, Windows Configuration Designer, OOBE
- Cloud based PaaS usage (Azure, AWS)
- Docker experience desirable
- Good basic UX design sense (can tell a good design from a bad design, raise issues etc)
What you’ll get:
- Opportunities to work in a strong innovation culture with large open source initiatives, and large internal tech conferences where your ideas are welcome
- An authentic technical career path that reaches to the top with a support cast that will help you down your journey
- Opportunities to give back to the larger technology community as well as your local ones
This position is eligible for the JoinEUC referral campaign
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.