Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Business Strategy and Operations
Business Strategy and Operations
Program Manager, University ProgramsJob ID R1904459-1 Date posted 04/05/2019
Business Summary: VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace. Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today.
It is an exciting time to be part of the VMware family! Through the hard work of our business and our people comes exciting new ideas and opportunities. Our Global Services New College Grad (NCG) program is growing and we are looking for a program manager to take this program to the next level. This role will recruit, onboard and train top new college graduates for the VMware Global Shared Services organization. Our goal is to deliver an industry-leading development program for top university graduated worldwide. Our NCG program is innovative in its approach to onboard and train NCGs globally and prepare them for a successful entry into technical support at VMware. The NCG Program Manager role requires close collaboration with VMware’s university talent team and regional leaders in our world-wide support centers. This job involves collecting input, coordinating actions, and facilitating decisions with multiple business stakeholders and hiring managers.
- Coordinating multiple actions and requirements across a diverse, global group of stakeholders and driving items to completion.
- Be able to understand and anticipate the needs of young talent to build a program that enables their success
- Ability to see a problem and have the drive and passion to fix it proactively while managing all other tasks
- Strong project management skills to plan and execute projects from start to finish
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate and build relationships at all levels of the organization
- Must have the ability to work independently and possess strong decision-making, workload management, analytical and organizational skills
- Ability to identify gaps, collect data, establish facts, draw conclusions and solve problems in a timely and accurate manner.
- Ability to prioritize and successfully manage multiple projects/deadlines simultaneously.
- Leading the global services NCG program annually with 100+ new college graduates entering VMware
- Drive all aspects of the NCG program such as regional headcount needs, job coding, interview coordination, onboarding, curriculum requirements and budgeting
- Engage regularly with regional stakeholders to ensure needs are coordinated and met; address pain points that arise
- Provide input into the university talent team and assist in creation and rollout of new programs and initiatives to continue the successful journey of the new college graduates
- Create metrics/KPI, conduct post evaluation to study the program efficiency, and provide reporting
- Identify skill or knowledge gaps among employee and leader population to identify training needs and facilitate curriculum enhancements
- Create a play book documenting the NCG onboarding process
- Determine success criteria and measure program components for continuous improvement
- 3-5 years of program management experience, preferably in a university talent role
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills both in group and one on one situations
- Action planning, tracking and completion
- Ability to adapt to change, meet the changing demands of the work environment, with dependability
VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.