New Graduate - IT, Infrastructure Cloud Operations - Cloud Infrastructure Administrator
Atlanta, GeorgiaApply Now
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
The IT Infrastructure Cloud Operations team is responsible for managing and supporting the company’s corporate IT virtual infrastructure systems running business critical applications across our global organization. As a Cloud Infrastructure Administrator, you will be working with our industry leading virtualization and cloud technologies and focusing on providing and maintaining the highest level of service and end user experience.
- Systems installation, configuration, support, administration and documentation.
- Monitor and improve systems availability and performance.
- Implement systems and security policies.
- Drive improvement through automation and process simplification.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor's or Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering , or Information Technology.
- Hands-on knowledge and experience with scripting or other programming languages (PowerShell, etc.)
- Knowledge of Windows server or other server operating systems.
- Knowledge of vSphere or other virtualization technologies.
- Knowledge of Cloud computing concepts, networking and storage systems.
- Knowledge of systems security and best practices
- Ability to adapt to new challenges, approaches, and technology.
- Ability to clearly document processes and procedures and communicate effectively.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently.
- Strong sense of ownership and responsibility.
- Passionate commitment to quality, success, teamwork, and enhancing the customer service experience.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub