Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
At VMware, you will have the opportunity to challenge yourself, build relationships with the best and brightest in the industry, and prove that together we have the power to do something remarkable.
New Graduate Associate Project Manager- Professional Services
Atlanta, GeorgiaApply Now
VMware recognizes that today’s students are tomorrow’s trailblazers and we value the opportunity to benefit from your fresh perspective. If you thrive in an open, innovative, technology-driven culture, VMware could be the place for you! You will be exposed to a wide range of software platform technologies that are utilized by customers all over the world.
VMware is a global leader in cloud infrastructure and business mobility. VMware accelerates customers’ digital transformation journey by enabling enterprises to master a software-defined approach to business and IT. With VMware solutions, organizations are building extraordinary experiences by mobilizing everything. Our customers are responding faster to opportunities with modern data and apps hosted across hybrid clouds, and safeguarding customer trust with a defense-in-depth approach to cybersecurity.
At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Do you dare to do the stuff you’ve always dreamed about? Dare to explore at http://careers.vmware.com.
VMware offers cutting-edge cloud infrastructure and security services to companies of all shapes and sizes. Our world is all about technology, and that world is growing because the imagination, ingenuity and talent of our teams knows no bounds. We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think of VMware differently and change the world around them.
Job Role and Responsibilities
Associate Project Managers will work with our highly talented and experienced VMware Professional Services Team to deliver projects to our customers. In this role, you will be responsible for leading PSO projects that are of low to medium complexity, from initiation to close out. The Associate Project Manager will adhere to the VMware Delivery Excellence (DE) methodology and deliver these projects to mutually agreed upon scope, schedule and budget. You will have the opportunity to work directly with the client and other team members on the day-to-day tasks and act as the primary interface to our customer (internal and external) to manage the full life cycle of projects or programs.
As an Associate Project Manager (APM) in the VMware PSO Delivery Excellence Organization, you will participate in a structured program that combines intensive training and on-the-job mentored experience. This comprehensive role based-training includes:
- An introduction to the Cloud computing industry, best practices, VMware PSO Delivery Methodology and the VMware way of doing business.
- Hands-on experience with the VMware tools, processes and Project Delivery Methodology
- Project Management Institute (PMI) based training
- Completion of PSO Delivery Excellence Bootcamp
- Run the execution of the project plan and the detailed Statement of Work (SOW) developed for the customer
- Lead the goals and scope of a project to ensure VMware’s commitments to the customer are achieved
- Prepare and maintain clear and concise activity/progress/time recording reports in accordance with VMware’s standards and submits to customers, management and Sales
- Communicate project budget and resource allocation to sales, customers and delivery personnel
- Communicate to all partners and concerned parties any existing or potential customer critical issues
- Maintain financial management and the processes for following and executing of revenue recognition rules and policies
- Bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems, IT Business Management, or equivalent
- High interpersonal skills with the ability to work well in a team and a customer-facing environment
- Strong Communication Skills (both written and verbal)
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Willing to travel up to 25% of the time
- Ability to start in July 2019
- Willing to relocate (if required)
- Hands on project management experience from internships, Co-Ops, meaningful work experience and/or project work
- VMware product knowledge/experience
- Client facing work experience
- Leadership experience through either leading campus extra-curricular activities (e.g., clubs) or volunteer work
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.