New Grad - IT, Cloud Services Development & Operations - Solutions Engineer
Atlanta, GeorgiaApply Now
98% of Fortune 500 Companies use VMware Technology!
The most advanced companies in the world turn to VMware to manage, grow and transform their business. When you work here, you’re connected to a global community of innovative, empowered employees working together to solve the most critical technology challenges.
We believe that creativity sparks innovation and inspires our employees to think differently and challenge the status quo. Whether it’s the kind of products we develop, our approach to sustainability, or how we give back to our communities, VMware finds unique ways to bring people together to fuel creative thinking. Want to know more, check out our website https://careers.vmware.com/
The IT Solution Engineering team plays a major role in leading new technological solutions that will serve the business and technical requirements of the Enterprise. Our team collaborates with various business units to compare technologies, perform technical evaluations and lead new solution implementation from inception to Go-Live while continuously looking at ways to operationalize and automate VMware's public and private cloud services.
Job Role and Responsibilities:
As a Solutions Engineer, you will play a major role as advocate for new technology solutions. These solutions will meet the business and technical requirements of the Enterprise. You will be an integral part of the solution cycle, collaborating with business units, comparing technologies, and performing technical evaluations. You will constantly look at ways to operationally, automate, and improve our public and private cloud services. Your responsibilities will include:
- Identify and recommend technical solutions based on business requirements, industry standards, and system growth and future capacity requirements
- Paper Assessment and Proof of Concept of new technology solutions for Public, Private, and Hybrid clouds
- Gather business requirements from service owners and stake holders
- Production Pilot implementation and escalation support in partnership with service owners
- Automation of operational tasks
- Operational ownership during transition period and Transition to service owner
- Document and update product's technical findings preparing for both in-depth and high-level overview presentations.
- Aspiration to constantly improve yourself and learn new technologies and concepts
- Escalation and on-call support
- Bachelors and/or Master’s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Computer Engineering , or Information Technology)
- Basic understanding of fundamentals for application, sever, and network security.
- Basic level of VMware vSphere knowledge
- Basic level of systems knowledge for Linux, Windows, Web Services, DHCP, DNS, and Active Directory
- Basic understanding of communication protocols (mainly TCP/IP) and networking concepts (e.g. STP, BGP, OSPF, Load-Balancing, VPN)
- Knowledge of Public cloud offerings (VMware Cloud on AWS, AWS, Azure and GCP)
- Motivated self-learner with the passion and follow through to acquire new skills
- High level of accountability and integrity
- Work well in a global virtual environment that is fast-paced and constantly changing
- Ability working with cross functional teams
- Comfortable with executive-level management interaction
- If you possess a public portfolio or project (ie: Github repository, website or app) that you would like to showcase, please include on resume or application.
This job opportunity is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsorship by VMware.
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub