Staff Engineer (C#)
Atlanta, Georgia - USApply Now Job ID R1905426
Staff Engineer (C#)
VMware End-User Computing Engineering is a high-performance culture marked by technical leadership, fearlessness, and intense focus on customer success. Our mission is to empower employees to easily access corporate applications, content, email, and more, from any of their devices, while ensuring enterprise grade management and security. We’re always looking to amplify our impact, and work smarter while continuously evolving how software is made. Our work directly impacts over 20 million people across 20,000 customers by delivering the world’s best Enterprise Mobility Management suite.
What you’ll do:
Ready to improve the way work is done across the world? The Staff Engineer at VMware showcases your ability to provide technical leadership to an engineering team while also being trusted to match an effective solution design to a business problem. You will play a crucial role to enable the Windows 10 modern management story that will have you solving cloud based solutions as well as solutions that land on every Win10 pc shipped out of factories. The Staff Engineer will:
- Show effective, and constructive communication, teamwork, and delivery skills
- Work with a small team of highly capable engineers, and designers using Agile engineering practices, continuous integration, and continuous delivery models.
- Climb new technology learning curves while learning the Windows 10 modern device management domain.
- Break down coarse grained engineering problems, make just enough design, factor in non-functional requirements (scale, maintainability, performance) get agreement, and own the effort to delivery.
- Collaborate with other engineering leads, UX designers, and product managers to build on each other’s ideas to craft effective solutions
- Bring a strong sense of solution ownership
What you’ll bring along:
- BSCS or equivalent required.
- 12+ years relevant experience building internet enabled (web, mobile, services) enterprise-class software systems and services, or strong products.
- Thorough understanding of design patterns as well as algorithms, and how to apply them to various problems
- Relevant experience with micro services design, and development
- Strong cache, and service bus based design, and implementation capabilities
- Abilities to rationalize the technology choices against the business problem, and engineering team capabilities
- 4+ years’ of impactful experience with REST services design and development required (C# asp.net web api, Express.js, Hapi.js, or Java Spring applies)
- Deep application, and services based security understanding (oauth2, CORS, SQL Injection, etc.)
- 10+ years of meaningful experience with C#
- A robust level of practical knowledge around relational databases (performance, scale, security), and T-SQL
What would be great to have:
- Microsoft Graph experience
- Cloud based PaaS usage (Azure, AWS)
- Docker experience desirable
- Good basic UX design sense (can tell a good design from a bad design, raise issues etc)
What you’ll get:
- Change the way Windows 10 devices are managed, and secured for enterprises forever
- Opportunities to work in a strong innovation culture with large open source initiatives, and large internal tech conferences where your ideas are showcased to your peers
- An authentic technical career path that reaches to the top with a support cast that will help you down your journey
- A taste of the best parts of Silicon Valley in Atlanta
- Opportunities to give back to the larger technology community as well as your local ones
This position is eligible for the JoinEUC referral campaign.
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub