Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Consulting
Senior Consulting Manager - Professional Services
Amsterdam, NetherlandsApply Now
At VMware, we are committed to helping our people grow professionally. Our talented employees exemplify our shared values and continue to drive our company to new heights.
If you see a position that might be right for you, we encourage you to apply and continue to be a part of our EPIC2 community.
Do you want to be the Senior leader of a team of experts who transform our customers ever evolving IT environments?
As a Senior Consulting Manager, you will lead a team of highly skilled Consultants and Architects in our Northern EMEA professional services team in support of growing our business in the region. You will manage the development of people within the organization, including approval of training plans, career development planning, conducting annual performance evaluations, coaching/counselling for their individual professional growth.
- You will manage your team’s performance, career growth, coaching/counselling and development in line with our business goals and plans
- Participate in the regional skills and resource planning as well as regional professional services business planning
- Play a key role in the NEMEA Delivery Management team helping to shape the direction of organization as we shift to an “as a service” delivery model
- Work closely with the Delivery Management, Technical Practices Leads and our Enablement teams to ensure that we are enabling individuals at the right time and with the right skills
- Maintain in depth knowledge and be the leader in the innovation of VMware’s delivery approach.
- Be close to the execution of strategic projects as well as managing escalations where required
- Support our services sales team by representing VMware professional services in customer meetings
- Be responsible for ensuring that we have the right skills and available capacity within our subcontracting partners as required
Required Skills & Experience:
- You are passionate about people development and have successfully developed or managed high performing technical teams.
- You have experience in customer facing consulting positions for an IT vendor, Systems integrator or consulting company
- You hold a proven track record of successful delivery of enterprise IT projects as a team lead, manager, project manager or individual contributor
- You have 3+ years experience as a people manager
- You have 5+ years experience in enterprise IT related positions
- You possess practical understanding of project management methods like PRINCE 2 or Scrum (certification in these is not necessary)
- You hold a Bachelors or Masters degree or have the equivalent training and experience
- Superb communication and interpersonal skills
- People Development Experience is a must
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.