Senior Technical Account Manager - Strategic Accounts
San Francisco, CaliforniaApply Now
CloudHealth by VMware is looking for highly motivated visionaries who will be responsible for providing account management, technical advisory, and relationship oversight for our strategic accounts.
Job Role and Responsibility:
The Enterprise Technical Account Manager will have principal responsibility for a small number of the most significant and high-profile accounts within the CloudHealth customer base. The individual in this role will be responsible for driving and nurturing the relationship with the customer’s technical sponsors and champions. You will be on the front lines of the business, partnering with customer stakeholders, internal executives and developers to communicate technical context required to make improvements to the customer experience and software solutions. You will be on the forefront of the cloud revolution, bringing your strong technical background and experience supporting cloud computing products, services and solutions.
- Partner closely with, maintain, and develop an ongoing relationship with some of the largest strategic enterprise customers
- Utilize product domain expertise to serve as a trusted technical advisor and account manager
- Improve customer value by applying standard methodologies and standardization across your customer’s Business Units to drive visibility, optimization, governance and security
- Advance adoption of the CloudHealth platform within your customer’s organization by crafting a well-communicated plan, encouraging enterprise-wide teamwork and providing frequent assessments to highlight results against common goals
- Be a primary point of contact for tech-related questions and coordination of issue management and problem resolution across your customer’s enterprise
- Act as a customer advocate, responsible for conveying customer requirements, feature requests, feedback, etc. to Product Management and Executive Leadership
- Oversee and lead customer onboarding, strategic planning, consultative services, and product demonstrations on new features and services
- Work with customers to demonstrate key integrations with Datadog, Alert Logic, New Relic, Ansible, Chef, and more
- A minimum of 7 years’ relevant experience in pre/post-sales account management, consulting or professional services; ideally serving a single dedicated account
- A 4-year college degree, preferably with a technical focus; Computer Science, Math, or related background is highly desired
- Experience supporting enterprise IT products or services with practical understanding of cloud-centric architectures
- Experience and familiarity with cloud platforms is a plus (e.g. AWS, Azure, etc.), a real passion for new technologies is a requirement
- Ability to guide customers through their software implementation and drive adoption is a key requirement
- The ability to work in a dynamic team-oriented environment, using company resources to tackle customer challenges/requirements
- Strong attention to detail and quality of work, suitable for customer facing materials.
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong communication, time management, problem solving, project management, and social skills
This job requisition is not eligible for employment-based immigration sponsored by VMware
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub