Senior Quality Engineer - CloudHealth by VMware
Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for dedicated and versatile Engineers, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers' most challenging business needs. As a Senior Quality Engineer, you'll have the opportunity to make significant and direct impact on our products, platform, and pursue some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
Why we are Excited about YOU:
You can find and push the boundaries of any system you work with to fully understand its capabilities. You have an ability to look at complex systems and figure out where it can fail. You can clearly explain complex scenarios to people of varying technical levels. You want to successfully drive definition, architecture, and timely delivery of software in an Agile environment. You're looking for a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers' business objectives.
- Collaborate with the Executive Team, Product Management, Architects and Engineering teams to ensure that we are producing the highest quality product and fault tolerant SaaS platform.
- Identify and fill gaps in test coverage by building out tools and frameworks that meet our needs; establishing best practices
- Write repeatable test plans and work to automate them.
- Write scalable and reliable automation solutions that can be used in many facets of the product.
- Advocate for the customer by understanding their workflows and needs.
- Work with Engineers in test across the organization to share knowledge and improve your skills.
- Evaluate and adopt new tools and practices to help improve the quality of the product and the health of the team.
- Gain experience with Ruby on Rails/Java/Scala application development, DevOps best practices, and working in a cloud environment.
- Participate in all phases of the SDLC as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with an end-to-end responsibility for your team's goals.
- Obsess over quality in the product you create, and the code you write.
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- A sense of humor (Non-negotiable). We work too hard to not have fun and celebrate individual/team/company accomplishments.
- A minimum of 5 years’ commercial software development experience.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in programming test automation, using languages such as Ruby, Java, Scala or Python.
- Experience deploying software and integrating with automated build tools.
- Strong understanding of QA practices and approaches, including CI/CD practices.
- An understanding of team and individual goals and are motivated to accomplish them.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will both, teach and be taught.
- Understanding why comparative analysis is key to continuous improvement, innovation, quality, and success.
- Comfortable with Git and various Linux distributions
We're already intrigued, but wouldn't mind experience with:
VMware Company Overview: VMware, we believe that software has the power to unlock new opportunities for people and our planet. We look beyond the barriers of compromise to engineer new ways to make technologies work together seamlessly. Our cloud, mobility, and security software form a flexible, consistent digital foundation for securely delivering the apps, services and experiences that are transforming business innovation around the globe. At the core of what we do are our people who deeply value execution, passion, integrity, customers, and community. Shape what’s possible today at http://careers.vmware.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement: VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. Vmware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Interview advice from VMware hiring managers
*For a full list of benefits, broken out by country, please visit our Benefits Website.
Parental leave for mothers and fathers
Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Generous vacation, holiday, and paid-time-off plans
Ongoing development through monetary reimbursements and rotation programs
Neurodiversity, Backup Child Care and Employee Assistance programs support your loved ones
Medical and wellness plans that are inclusive of all family types
News and Highlights
Are you interested in staying up-to-date on the latest career opportunities, recruiting events, and company news at VMware? VMware CareerHub is the place for you to do just that.Join Our CareerHub