Push Us. Amaze Us. Inspire Us.
Careers in Engineering
We are intellectual mavericks, pioneers, game-changers, and doers of the extraordinary, on a mission to create cloud, mobility, security, and virtualization solutions that will reach millions of users around the world. At VMware, our people are empowered to succeed and are valued for their innovative contributions as we revolutionize the IT industry.
Are you ready to join us?
CloudHealth - Member of Technical Staff – TacticalJob ID R1905404 Date posted 05/07/2019
CloudHealth by VMware is the global market leader in Cloud Service Management, and the most trusted software platform used to accelerate business transformation in the cloud. We are searching for dedicated and versatile engineers, who are passionate about working in a company whose culture is fanatical about innovation and fixated on delivering software products that solve our customers’ most challenging business needs. As a Member of Technical Staff, you’ll have the opportunity to make a significant and direct impact on our products, platform, and tackle some of the most complex challenges in cloud computing.
The Tactical Engineering team is responsible for increasing the overall customer experience when an issue is escalated to engineering and reducing the overall interruption rate across the engineering organization. As part of the team, you will work on both customer-facing features as well as internal tooling. You will be exposed to the entire codebase while working cross-functionally with all of the other development teams.
Why we are Excited about YOU:
You have an analytical mind and a passion for the craft of software engineering and you love solving problems and learning new things. Technologies come and go, but that excites you because of the endless possibilities it creates. You’re looking for a collaborative environment whose teams care about the product they are creating, how they create it, and the impact it has on customers’ business objectives.
- Design, develop, and publish software supporting a highly available, fault-tolerant SaaS platform.
- Investigate software problems that have been found by customers and develop code changes to fix those problems.
- Produce software designs to support long term maintainability and extensibility of code.
- Produce high quality and well-documented code in an automated CI and test environment.
- Participate in all phases of the software development cycle as part of a Scrum team.
- Work in multi-functional agile teams to regularly experiment, iterate, and deliver on new product objectives with end-to-end responsibility for your team’s goals.
- Obsess over quality in the product you create, and the code you write.
- Advance your technical and interpersonal skills in an environment that looks to expand them.
- A sense of humor (Non-negotiable). We work too hard to not have fun and celebrate individual/team/company accomplishments.
- 1+ year commercial software development experience
- Experience building or using cloud services in a production environment.
- Understanding of the fundamentals of working in an agile environment. Using automated CI, TEST, and CD.
- Distributed source control experience with Git.
- Experience with multi-threaded programming.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- A desire to work in an environment where you will both, teach and be taught.
- An understanding of team and individual goals and are motivated to accomplish them.
- Understand why comparative analysis is key to continuous improvement, innovation, quality, and success.
We’re already intrigued, but wouldn’t mind experience with:
- Cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, GCP)
Sorry, there are currently no new opportunities near your current location. Try a new search.