Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Director, Sales Engineering
Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
CloudHealth by VMware is looking for a seasoned, technically adept Director of Sales Engineering to lead by example the Enterprise Sales Engineering team.
- You are an accomplished Sales Engineering Manager with experience in a B2B software environment (ideally SaaS).
- You have an established track record of building and managing effective sales engineering teams.
- You are excited about enabling companies transform themselves using the public cloud and the service offerings in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.)
- You hold yourself accountable for the success of any initiative you are involved in.
- You want to be a part of a high-performance sales organization and hate losing to the competition.
- You are comfortable working in a fast paced, growing, entrepreneurial environment.
- Hire, Manage, and Scale a team of pre-sales engineers focused on selling within large enterprises.
- Develop enablement processes and content in support of rapid onboarding of pre-sales engineers.
- Implement strategies to improve trial win rates, beat the competition, and develop stronger technical buyer relationships.
- Work in conjunction with the sales team as a key technical advisor and advocate for the CloudHealth platform while mapping value to the prospect’s needs.
- Develop engaging demonstrations in collaboration with our Sales, Marketing and Training Teams to both business and technical users.
- Understand and implement technical sales strategies based on competitive selling, especially in larger enterprises, e.g. Fortune 500.
- Partner with Product Management to effectively represent strategic requirements for large enteprise prospects.
- Partner with Product Marketing on effective strategies to manage and deliver demonstrations, maintain demo environments, and respond to RFPs.
- Present to prospects, customers and partners, at external events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- 7+ years’ experience at B2B software (ideally SaaS) company in a pre-sales engineering role selling into both enterprise and commercial accounts globally
- 3+ years’ experience managing pre-sales engineering teams
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and developing sales engineers
- An understanding of ITSM eco-systems and prominent solutions within them, such as: DataDog, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, New Relic, ServiceNow, AlertLogic etc.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or equivalent cloud, and Datacenter experience with knowledge of hypervisors like VMWare.
- The ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain them in a simple and easy to understand way.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills and passion for continuous improvement.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive level prospects and customers.
- Experience with modern technical selling best practices and selling in a competitive environment, including implementing new or improved trial, demo, and RFP process.
- Proven track record of success in a fast growing and scaling business.
- A Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred (but not required):
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability /navigate spreadsheets to identify trends, outliers, correlations and reconciliation needs across large data sets.
- Good practical understanding of cloud-centric architectures.
- Comfort level working in a metric-driven environment, including reporting on and improving business performance against a set of monthly KPIs and metrics.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.