Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Finance
Join our team of motivated professionals in a collaborative, fast-paced environment. You’ll take your critical thinking skills to the next level as you use analytical tools, build connections, and contribute to the growth of our company.
Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
Assistant Controller – CloudHealth Technologies by VMware
We have incredible technology and we’re adding new customers every day (and new employees every week) on our quest to solidify and expand our position as the premier Cloud Service Management leader under VMware. As one of the “Best Places to Work” in Boston, we value transparency, community, innovation and excellence – and we have an amazing group of people working out of our headquarters in Boston, right near South Station.
Job Role & Responsibility
Are you a go getter? Are you a motivator that can rally the troops hen necessary and provide the proper level of support to the team? Do you want your team to be successful and efficient all while joining in on our fun, inclusive, and casual culture?
- Manage FP&A and Accounting Teams
- Prepare financial statements on a monthly basis
- Lead month-end close process
- Maintain SaaS Metrics and reform as necessary
- Create and maintain financial budgets, both with internal departments and parent reporting requirements
- Act as main point-of-contact to VMware accounting teams to ensure agility across the entire organization
- Ensure SOX compliance and related reporting to parent company
- Assist in system enhancements and continuous process improvement efforts
- 6-8 years’ experience in an FP&A or accounting organization in house or public accounting
- SaaS reporting experience
- In-depth and current knowledge of US GAAP, Revenue reporting, and recognition
- Procurement experience
- People management experience
- Strong attention to detail. Process creation and implementation
- CPA Preferred
- Possesses strong leadership, supervisory, and management abilities
- A drive to succeed and a proven ability to be resilient and overcome challenges
- Tons of energy, passion, humor, and enthusiasm
- A disciplined approach to daily activity planning, setting goals, and achieving success
Cloud Health/VMware is not able to provide sponsorship for this role.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.