Push us. Amaze us. Inspire us.
Careers in Sales
Innovation is the essence of our brand. Our top-performing sales professionals help our customers—across all industries—revolutionize their businesses to thrive in the digital era by leveraging the power of software. We create exceptional end-user experiences and build customer trust.
Are you ready to work with some of the best and most innovative products on the market?
Inside Sales Engineer
Boston, MassachusettsApply Now
VMware is the leader in virtualization and cloud infrastructure solutions that enable our more than 350,000 enterprise and SMB customers to thrive in the Cloud Era/ A pioneer in the use of virtualization and policy-driven automation technologies, VMware simplifies IT complexity across the entire data center to the virtual workplace, empowering customers with solutions in the software-defined data center to hybrid cloud computing and the mobile workspace.
Our team of 20,000+ people working in 50+ locations worldwide is committed to building a community where great people want to work long term by living our values of passion, innovation, execution, teamwork, active learning and giving back. If you are ready to accelerate, innovate and lead, join us as we challenge constraints and problem solve for tomorrow today. Learn more at www.vmware.com/careers.
Job Role and Responsibility
CloudHealth by VMware is looking for a seasoned, technically-adept Inside Sales Engineer to lead by example in executing the technical sales process.
You are a sales engineer with experience in a B2B software environment (ideally SaaS). You have an established track record of success and enjoy being the model for the ideal sales engineer within a team. You are excited about enabling companies transform themselves using the public cloud and the service offerings in the cloud (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc.) You hold yourself accountable for the success of any initiative you are involved in. You want to be a part of a high-performance sales organization and hate losing to the competition.
Are you ready to join this fast paced, growing, entrepreneurial environment?
- Work in conjunction with the sales team as a key technical advisor and advocate for the CloudHealth platform while mapping value to the prospect's needs.
- Implement strategies to improve trial win rates, beat the competition, and develop stronger technical buyer relationships.
- Contribute to, and employ, best practices in the execution of trials.
- Develop and deliver engaging demonstrations in collaboration with our Sales, Marketing and Training Teams to both business and technical users.
- Understand and implement technical sales strategies based on competitive selling within mid-market companies (less than USD $1 billion in revenue and/or less than 3,000 employees).
- Understand and run complex the technical sales process in a complex IT environment with multiple departments and partners.
- Partner with Product Marketing on effective strategies to lead and deliver demonstrations, maintain demo environments, and respond to RFPs.
- Present to prospects, customers and partners, at external events, conferences, seminars, etc.
- Ensure timely entry of data into internal business support solutions.
- Contribute to systems and tools to provide key business information and metrics to highlight performance and effectiveness.
- 3+ years experience at a B2B software (ideally SaaS) company in a pre-sales engineering role selling into both commercial accounts.
- An understanding of ITSM eco-systems and prominent solutions within them, such as: DataDog, Chef, Ansible, Puppet, New Relic, ServiceNow, AlertLogic etc.
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services (AWS) or equivalent cloud, and Datacenter experience with knowledge of hypervisors like VMWare.
- The ability to take complex pieces of technology and explain them in a simple and easy to understand way.
- Solid verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Intellectual curiosity, great problem-solving skills and passion for continuous improvement.
- Previous experience working with/presenting to executive level prospects and customers.
- Experience with modern technical selling best practices and selling in a daring environment, including implementing new or improved trial, demo, and RFP process.
- Proven track record of success in a fast growing and scaling business.
- Strong data analysis skills and the ability /navigate spreadsheets to identify trends, outliers, correlations and reconciliation needs across large data sets.
- Good practical understanding of cloud-centric architectures.
- Comfort level working in a metric-driven environment, including reporting on and improving business performance against a set of monthly KPIs and metrics.
- Portuguese language skills (native or fluent)
- Successfully supported technical sales campaigns for the Latin American market—direct and through partners
- A Bachelor's Degree is Preferred (but not required)
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.