When it comes to describing our diverse and inclusive environment, storytelling is one of the most powerful forms of communication. Watch the videos below to hear stories from our leaders about how they’re empowered to bring their authentic selves to work every day, as a part of our Dare to Be Yourself series.
In light of the recent Executive Order on Immigration, click here to learn about VMware's steadfast commitment to being an inclusive and diverse workplace.
Celebrating our people
At VMware, we actively attract, engage and celebrate our people from a wide variety of dynamic backgrounds, experiences and perspectives. By doing so, we foster a culture that’s welcoming and supportive, where great people will want to work and thrive long term. This strength propels us towards our common goal of developing transformative products and services through our collaborative drive to imagine, define and deliver the future of IT.
VMware has fostered both personal growth and networking for me. It has also provided the opportunity to be mentored and to mentor others.
StacySr. Manager, Global Field Readiness - Americas, Austin, Texas
How we are driving change
VMinclusion is a business-led initiative that is focused on creating a more inclusive and diverse environment at VMware. Through VMinclusion, we aim to harness the power of human difference to drive great business outcomes for our employees, customers, and shareholders.
Foster and promote
- Foster and promote culture that is inclusive of all forms of diversity.
- We are encouraging all employees to be their authentic selves through storytelling and enabling inclusion-focused business resource groups called PODs (Power of Difference communities).
- We are continuing Unconscious Bias training and encouraging all managers and above to attend and commit to action in our people processes.
- Relentlessly and continuously improve women’s and underrepresented minorities’ representation.
- We are tracking our hiring, promotion, and retention rates as compared to our representation.
- Each business leader has goals to improve diverse representation within their organization.
Agent of change
- We are engaging all of our community to drive positive change.
- We offer a research-based curriculum to navigate gender bias in the workplace, advance women’s leadership and advocate for change.
- We are investing in programs to inspire and support the community of female and diverse talent in technology such as Women Who Code and the inaugural Women Transforming Technology event.
Some initiatives try to ‘fix’ women or minorities. At VMware, we are focusing on a culture where everyone is valued for bringing your authentic self.
AmberDiversity & Inclusion Program Director
Women Transforming Technology
Women Transforming Technology (WT2) is a world-class community event for women in tech in Silicon Valley bringing together industry leaders and community organizations committed to gender diversity at all levels and areas of technology.
The event features inspiring role models and thought-leaders in the Silicon Valley tech industry. We are creating an environment for all participants to establish lasting relationships at all stages in their career and provide visibility for the next generation of female leaders in technology.
Your saved jobs
You have not saved any jobs.
Recently viewed opportunities
You have not viewed any jobs.
Do you have ideas that could change the face of technology? Gain access to a community that dares to defy the status quo. VMware CareerHub is the place for like-minded people willing to transform technology as we know it.